Tour de Negro

Access map

Marine de Negro
20217 Olmeta-di-Capocorso
GPS : 42.761110,9.340280

The Torra di Negru at Olmeta was built between 1559 and 1560, to ensure the safety of boats from Cap Corse leaving for Agriates region. The building is typical of the Genoese towers (three floors with a terrace overhanging battlements). The tower still shows the vision of its simplicity: a room covered by a magnificant dome, with a staircase along a wall for access to the terrace.