Piazzali is located at an altitude of 400 metres and is part of the ancient parish of Alesani, in the region of Castagniccia. It is a landlocked mid-mountain village, which to the west is dominated by the Punta de l'Orsaja (1438 m) and to the north-west by the Punta Ventosa (1686 m) and by the Punta di Caldane (1724 m). This small village, like all the other villages which are part of the region of Castagniccia, is an excellent starting point for many excursions in the middle of nature. The village has a rich vegetation and a dense hydrographic network: the two main watercourses are the streams of Piobbo and of Lavandaja.
Every year in May, the Ghjuventu Alisgianinca association organises three trails for mountain lovers. Participants can choose from three different trails:
1) a 31-km trail with a total elevation gain of 2300 metres – perfect for sports enthusiasts;
2) a 12-km trail with a total elevation gain of 850 metres – perfect for people who love walking;
3) a 7-km trail – perfect for families with children.
This village is part of a natural area of ecological, faunal and floristic interest: Châtaigneraies de la Petite Castagniccia. Piazzali is part of the regional natural park of Corsica.
In Piazzali you can visit the ancient convent of Alesani, which has an incredible history. U cuventu vechju was destroyed at the end of the 13th century, during the last massacre of the ghjuvannali, but it was rebuilt in 1354 and has been remodelled and restored several times. This building is classified historical monument and contains eight masterpieces classified historical monument. In this convent the Baron Theodore von Neuhoff (1694-1756) was proclaimed king of Corsica on 15 April 1736.
Piazzali is located at 41 km from Aléria, at 69 km from Bastia and at 86 km from Corte. This village is crossed by the D317 road.