20260 Calvi GPS : 42.566545,8.757571
The church Sainte-Marie is classified as historical monument.
In the Baroque style, it is painted pink and beige and is located in the Lower Town, with its forecourt opening on rue Clemenceau.
In order to meet the needs of a growing population, in 1774 Calvi built the church dedicated to St. Mary.
Its construction was completed at the end of the nineteenth century.
On Christmas Eve, on the church square, u fucone takes place, the traditional fire before the birth of Christ.
This collective ritual takes place in many villages of the island.
In summer, the square is completely occupied by the terraces of the two restaurants surrounding it.