Eglise Saint-Martin

Access map

Église Saint-Martin
20126 Evisa
GPS : 42.253698,8.803426
The church Saint Cyprien, near Evisa, dates back to the Middle Ages. Until the seventeenth century, it was a parish church, but since this status was transferred to the church of St. Martin, it gradually lost its splendor. Many reports maintained that its state didn't befit a church. So much so that it was only used for the Mass of September 16, Saint Cyprian's day. After being renovated several times, between 1724 and 1726 by master mason Lazaro, then in the 19th century by a bridge and road engineer, Defranchi, the church didn't hold, and the site was permanently abandoned until a chapel was erected nearby during the twentieth century.