20229 Piedicroce GPS : 42.382252,9.365726
The Orezza monastery dates from 1485. It was run by the Protestant community, to whom it had been assigned. This is a place that once welcomed Pascal Paoli, who came for the local spring water. In its more recent history, the monastery suffered heavy damage. In fact, during World War II, the Italians used it as an ammunition depot. After being rejected many times, the Orezza monastery has finally been classified as a heritage site intended for restoration projects.